Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Iphone and speed work...

What did I do before I had an iphone, eh?! Thank you, Taz, it has been a really useful pressie.  It always goes with me on my training runs.  I can listen to podcasts or audiobooks, or even music(!)

In the last few weeks, I have found an app by Jeff Galloway - and it's great. I am well into the second week now.  You can put in your own details and set up your profile that the app will use, to personalise it, for the 4 training runs each week and it will select the pace it thinks you should be running at - and the music will keep to the beat selected. It's great!

Well, we'll see where we are with it in another month or so!

In the meantime, I did an interval/speed session yesterday and it was s-s-o-o-o windy that Steve took me several kays up the R43 so that I could run back with the wind behind me.  He took some pics along the way...

Just getting into it

Concentration

Excitement! The end of one interval run

Concentrating again. Look, almost both feet off the ground!

A bit of effort

A bit more effort

Phew! Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment