Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 26 May 2013

Week 1/18 of Marathon Training

Well, I've started the training.  Monday was the first day of marathon training.  A 'rest' day!  Yay!  No exercise.  However, I ended up going out on my bike with Steve for a cycle ride.  I hadn't been out on it for several weeks and I ended up with pins and needles in my hands and certain other places!  I really do need to sort out some cycling capris for the winter. Shorts are all very well, but it does get a bit cold on the old legs (going at such a fast pace!) in winter. Still, I managed about 11kms without falling off! Really must get out more!

Tuesday was my first run.  A 5km 'comfortable' run, and I ended up going at quite a fast 'comfortable' pace (if there is such a thing as a fast 'comfortable' pace!)  Felt good after that, as I had worked hard and it was beautiful weather out there at that time of the morning - 9am.  I must make the most of those runs - they don't happen often enough!

Thursday I did an 8km pace run.  I worked hard and ran faster than the pace I had intended to do, so very happy with that.   Still need to work on my speed though.  Steve came with me on this run, which helps a lot, as it can get very lonely out there on the road!

Saturday I did my 'long' run of 13kms - on my own, without Steve!  He was having to serve guests and earn some money!  Due to the weather supposedly being better on Saturday, I did the long run then rather than Sunday.  However, after heavy rain on Saturday night and early Sunday morning, it cleared up beautifully and I was able to get out for a 5km run anyway.  Felt really good even though it was very cloudy and windy when I went out and I had to wrap up.

My thoughts were on that piece of cake I wanted today, and I feel I really earned those calories!  I am trying to lose a few kilograms, and this was my weekly treat!  And very enjoyable and tasty it was too!  Worth the  running 5kms and toning for an hour afterwards to get it.








No comments:

Post a Comment