Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 21 August 2011

Aagghh! Injury!

Not impressed. Have managed to injure my hip/bum and not only is that area painful but I have trapped the sciatic nerve. When I do something, I certainly do it BIG! Iced it and put heat on it and I think it is healing very, very slowly. I have been told it can take about 12 weeks to heal properly! What?! Hope it doesn't take that long! I'll drive everyone around me completely mad!

I have just come back from a few days away in Montagu, so took the opportunity of visiting the hot springs. It was l-o-v-e-l-y! I think the heat has definitely helped, but I am fed up of not being able to tie my own trainers!

Woke up this morning and feel a whole lot better. Knee is still a little stiff, but overall I feel LOADS better! Will try and do a little proper stretching later, and see how things feel.

We did have a very nice time in Montagu though so not all bad! It was just a pity I couldn't run my half marathon last Saturday. Made up for it by visiting a winery for lunch! Discovered that alcohol definitely numbs the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment