Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Tuesday 29 May 2012

There's still time...

to sponsor me, and I really would appreciate it if you would like to do this. The name of my page is Lesley-Anne Peck - The Pearly Plodder.  Here is the link to it in case you don't have it, http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=Lesley-AnnePeck&faId=102136&isTeam=false  or you can just let me know and we'll arrange something.

It is more than a month now since I completed the marathon, and I am now gradually building up the distance again and training to run faster.  (Hubs, this is where you come in, the "training to run faster" bit?  Please?)

I have also started to take Alfie on runs with me, now that he is old enough to be able to sustain distance without damage to his joints.  Not that it would ever have worried him!  He has always had loads of energy and can manage 5km with no effort at all!  I feel he is saying, "Well, come on, you told me you ran long distances!"  He will trot alongside me absolutely fine, but he does need to learn that he can't chase cars!  Still, we are doing some proper lead and obedience training at the same time.  That has to be good...

I also have a cycle now which, hopefully, is in full working order (as of yesterday) so, we'll see if it is later this week!

Not today, though, I'm afraid.  The weather is very wintery - heavy rain showers and strong winds!




No comments:

Post a Comment