Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Monday 11 January 2016

Danger Point 10km

Decided at the last minute to enter this (the day before!) and got up early on the morning to do it. Even though I was tired and felt sluggish from all the work at Christmas, before and after, I thought it would do me good to escape for a couple of hours.

The run left the Gansbaai Lower School at 7.30 and went through De Kelders and then down towards the sea. We covered just about all types of terrain - tarmac, sand, rock, grass, with lots of 'ups and downs'!

Fairly happy with the time I ran it in - 1:09:54 considering I haven't done great mileage this year!

When I saw the results, I was ecstatic.  1st lady in my new age category.  OK, so there were only 8 of us altogether, but still!  I don't think I've ever been first in anything before!  I should have got an age category tag and I could have won a prize!

1 comment: