Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Monday 17 October 2016

Yorkshire Marathon - 8 October 2017


OK, so today I surprised myself, and others, by entering next year's Yorkshire Marathon.

I blame Russell! Everyone does - for something or other! He didn't read/understand my comment properly on a facebook comment I wrote on the Yorkshire Marathon page that suggested he run this marathon. He, having completed a half marathon recently, and in a very good time too, considering not a lot of training had been done for it, it seemed the next obvious step for him! Joke! Anyway, he thought it meant that I had entered the Yorkshire Marathon, which I hadn't!  So he entered! Well, I had to enter after that, didn't I! I didn't actually expect to get in though. I thought it would be full by now, but there you go...

However, it was on my bucket list of marathons I would like to complete (if possible) - London Marathon (I did in 2012), Yorkshire Marathon, West Coast Marathon and Cape Town Marathon. If I ever manage to complete some, or all, of these, I would love to be able to run the Two Oceans Ultra, but I won't worry too much about that, lol! I'll just enjoy running while I can still do it!

I haven't done much running recently. Since we sold in Pearly Beach a year ago, we have been really busy with moving, refurbishing the cottage, and not even had time to do much on the house we are actually living in now! Then, I got injured and couldn't run anyway, and it is only the last couple of months I have started running again regularly - for which Alfie is very grateful. It's lovely to be able to get out again, though, and 'pound' the gravel roads!

So, there will have to be a lot of steps taken in the next year to prepare and, hopefully, a few other races in there somewhere too.

I was encouraged this morning anyway. I decided to take Alfie for our run early rather than wait until this afternoon. It was lovely to be out on a sunny morning, very little wind, with stunning scenery - about 8kms! That's what it is all about!


No comments:

Post a Comment