Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Saturday 23 September 2017

Tapering time for the Yorkshire Marathon


Not much has been said on this page about my training for the Yorkshire Marathon, since I first mentioned it last October.  However, I have been, and I still am, training hard for the event. My last long run was last weekend, and the race, itself, is now only two weeks away!






I have had my four-legged training partner running with me for most of my runs but now Steve has taken over so that Alfie can have a rest - he (Alfie!) is feeling the strain!





Steve has been coming along in the car as 'support', but I notice he always brings his camera along too in the hope of getting some good bird photos!


Running a marathon is a big deal for me (I am so  s-l-o-w!), so when I managed to complete my first marathon, the London Marathon, five years ago, I took that opportunity to raise some money for a charity. The charity I chose was Alzheimer's Research, based in the UK.  I managed to raise a fantastic amount of £750, which was much more than I thought I could raise, so I was really pleased with that.

I feel I would like to try and raise some money running this marathon too, and have chosen somewhere local to where I live, namely, the Napier Animal Clinic.  Although, it is not a registered charity as such, the volunteers do incredible work in helping the local dog population, particularly in the township, by sourcing and making/fixing wooden kennels, supplying leads and collars, and by assisting in veterinary programs to neuter/spay the dogs.  All this is at no cost to the dog owner; it is completely free. Therefore, they rely totally on donations of items, such as wood for kennel building, leads and collars, and dog food.

Hubby helps by using his trailer to move kennels on to the township, and collecting broken ones that need to be mended.

If you feel you would like to sponsor me to complete the marathon, and so donate some money in aid of this wonderful cause, I assure you it will all go towards some of the above-mentioned items. Please let me know, and I will forward you bank account details.

After I have completed the marathon, I will be delighted to let you all know how much I have managed to raise.



No comments:

Post a Comment