Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Run 1


I am starting a new training plan this week as I want to improve my half marathon time. There is a half I would like to run in August, so now is the time to do it. I have decided to try out the FIRST running plan, which consists of 3 runs a week but incorporates a steady intensity and speed build up based on my current 5km time.

Today was a warm up, followed by 12 x 400m runs @ 2.22km pace. Phooar, never worked so hard. My legs felt like jelly after the first 4 or 5, but I persevered and it actually felt a bit better for a while. I certainly felt like I had been working though! I finished off by jogging/walking home. I covered a distance of about 11.4kms overall - a lot more than I thought I would do.

I had a chocolate steri stumpie when I got back!


No comments:

Post a Comment