Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 15 April 2012

Only a week to go...

I haven't run today - I did some core work instead. Yes, I have had an apple today but I also did some pilates type stuff! My body needs as much as it can get, I do assure you! I am hoping to get out for a run tomorrow though, and then one more before leaving South Africa for London on Thursday. Then, it's the BIG ONE!

I am really posting this to thank everyone for their support so far in helping me get to this stage. It has been real hard work at times (like getting up in the dark to go for an early morning long run - yewghh!) but has also been good fun too. It also seems to have gone on for ages, although the actual marathon part of the training - the (very) long runs only started at the beginning of the year. However, I started the proper, regular running about 3 years ago. I didn't know I was aiming to run a marathon at that time though. No way! Possibly, a half marathon - but only possibly! Still... Here's hoping nothing goes wrong before then!!

And thank you, Hubs, for coming out with me on a lot of the training runs. It really has helped me h-u-g-e-l-y! I probably wouldn't have got out of the door sometimes if you hadn't come along too! After all, it's quite difficult carrying all one's own stuff and enough water, etc. when running a long one! (Joke!) But it is true! However, sorry, but no helping with concreting or anything until we come back - and then I might! There, you have it in print!

Thank you, also, to all those who have sponsored me, and those who have told me that they will be sponsoring me. It will certainly help me get round the course, particularly when I start flagging. The sponsorship is enormously important to me, and makes the whole effort so worthwhile. If I can double what I have already raised so far, it would make me so happy. So, please...

Now, I just need to work out what I need to pack for London, and look forward to it. It's quite scary, but also very exciting. I am quite apprehensive but thrilled to be doing it. I am sure I will have to pack some 'winter woollies' to wear too, but the RSA vest and UJ shorts will definitely be on view!

After that, I am looking forward to seeing family and friends in England, Wales and Italy! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment