Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Thursday 12 May 2011

Run 9 - Time Trials with running club

I did something this evening that I have wanted to do for months but have also been rather scared to do because I feel I am so slow, particularly at the shorter distances! I ran a 5km time trials with the Whalers running club in Hermanus.

Steve and Sam came along with the two dogs so that they could also get a bit of exercise - though not running with me! They went off up the forest road into the mountain while I did my run.

It went surprisingly well. I was convinced that I would get lost because I was at the back of the pack! But I checked the route before starting and managed to keep someone in view (miles ahead!!) so that I felt reasonably sure I would stay on the correct road.

For me, it was very fast-paced but I persevered because I felt that it must be doing me some good! I managed the course in my time of 29:56, which I am pleased with - it means I ran 5km in under 30 minutes! Now to repeat it of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment