Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 17 July 2011

Run 32 - Get it done!

I had intended running this long one tomorrow so that Ronnelle would be here and the dogs wouldn't have to be left alone - well, Alfie, anyway! However, she has the day off tomorrow so I decided I might as well get it done today, while the weather is still nice - and get Steve to come with me anyway. Alfie could be left in his cage with a filled kong! They had both had a run before we went out anyway so we felt they should be fine - and they were!

Ran towards Carruthers Hill. I did the run in the ratio of 9:1 - walking breaks of a minute. That gave me the opportunity to drink when I was walking as it was rather hot out there (as well as have a bit of a rest in between bouts of running!). Not fast, but I keep reading that I should run these long ones slowly! Very slow!

Shorts and sleeveless top again today. Shorts weather! Can't believe it. A few weeks ago it was long tights 'cos it felt so cold! Oh well, best make the most of it while it is nice!

The run went ok but was getting quite hard on the way back because the wind got up and was channelling up Carruthers Hill.

01:47:31 - 14.5km

Still, it's done now and I don't have to do it tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment