Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 31 July 2011

Run 37 - McKenna Scott Pinelands 10km Race

The day started early - I don't do mornings (if I can help it!) I was up, ready to leave by 6.30am. Steve drove us to Pinelands in the dark (with fog in places) and the race started at 7.30.

I wasn't really ready to go because all us women had been queuing for ages to try and get into the ladies' loos. I was still in the queue five minutes before the start, so I didn't bother and gave up, hoping that I wouldn't have to do a Paula Radcliffe! I walked across to the start with Steve, pinned on my numbers, put on my Garmin, took off my jacket and the gun went for the off!

It was a 2 lap course around Pinelands, quite flat, with a narrow bit across the park area, but other than that it was fine. I did the first lap in a good time but wasn't able to beat my 1:04 (PB) time! Don't know why, other than I wasn't quick enough! However, I feel that if I had run the 5km instead, I could have broken my 30 minutes.

Still, apart from not having enough loos for the ladies, only the clubhouse ones, it was fine. Not hugely exciting because I feel I should have done better, but perhaps it will make me train harder?

I'll wait and see what I did in the official results. Thinking about it again though, it might actually be better than I originally thought. We'll see!

Official results: Time: 1:05:14 (PB)

22/54 in age group for women
169/318 of all women
561/782 of everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment