Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 11 December 2011

Run 91 - Long Run

Desperate to get out for a 'proper' run as my running seems to have slipped so much lately. So, after I had helped Steve with the guests' breakfasts, I changed into shorts and vest ('cos he said it was warm outside) and went out for a 'long' run. I hadn't been sure exactly how far I was going, but I wanted to do something between 12 and 16kms. 12kms I had done a few weeks ago, and 16kms I missed out when we went away last week. So, 14 seemed a good idea! Mmm, it's a long way, we'll see!

I ran around the village (so the boring part was done), then ran up towards B'bos until I had run 10km and turned round and came back. The weather had started off warm and sunny (hence the shorts!) but the clouds came and it rained for about 1.5kms! I got very wet!! And cold (the wind was blowing!) However, then the sun came back out and I dried off!

It was a slow plod all the way, but it was enjoyable, and I ended up doing nearly 14.5kms.


No comments:

Post a Comment