Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Run 97 - Good run at last!

Up early again this morning before the wind got up and the heat rose to do 8km. My plan said the run should be done at a 'faster pace that feels uncomfortable' (that's a shame!) Still, I was up bright and early, whilst Steve prepared brekkie for a couple of guests who had to leave early.

Wasn't expecting much from this run as I have really struggled lately - the wedding, etc. was a lot more tiring than I had realised, then on top of that we went straight into the 'Christmas rush' of guests.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. The run went very well and I ended up doing it in 53min 48sec - a lot better than my other 8km runs of late! I warmed up at a slow pace for the first couple of kms then quickened up, and managed to maintain that pace for about 6km. I usually flag after half way but I managed to keep going this time. Does a lot for the morale! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment