Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Run 93 - Ugh!

8kms to do today!

Horrible weather. Lots of rain and wind. I thought it was supposed to be nearly summer!

Asked Steve to come out with me on his bike and he agreed, so we both got ready. However, he got down to the garage and discovered he had a puncture! I decided to go off anyway, and he said he would catch me up en-route! Yeah right! Probably when I was almost home again! (Apologies, dearest! You caught me up after only about 2 - 3 kms. Big kiss!)

No sooner had I left the driveway of the house than it started raining again, getting harder and harder. Well, I thought I may as well carry on and do my 8kms. I was still wearing my sunglasses, which I needed when I left the house, and they did stop some of the rain getting in my eyes, but it made it very difficult to see!

People must have thought I was completely mad to be out in a rainjacket, capris and sunglasses in pouring rain! However, it did stop after a few kilometres, and I dried out a bit in the wind!

I really battled the first half against the very strong wind, although the second half was a bit better. It was just starting to rain again with 300m left to do, so I turned into our road instead of going straight on and ended up just 100m short of 8km. I'm sure that won't make a huge difference!

Thank you dearest Hubs for coming with me! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment