Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Friday 11 November 2011

Run 76: Beautiful morning!

It was Run 3 of the week today, and I got up (fairly) early to do it. It was a beautiful morning - sunny and windless (practically anyway!) so off I went!

It was another slow jog for 5kms today and I warmed up with a walk then started jogging. A few steps into it and I saw a shadow and heard footsteps coming up behind me - another jogger! Unheard of in Pearly Beach, especially out of season!! She overtook me and carried on in a medium plod sort of way, very much like I do when I am running faster than the jog I am supposed to be doing this week. Well! I couldn't let her get away with that, could I?! And I speeded up a bit, following her up the road until she followed the tarmac road to the right, and I turned left on to the gravel road. Then I allowed myself to slow down again to the pace I was supposed to be doing!

It was a nice, uneventful run, sorry, jog, and as I turned back into Charlie at the end of my run I met a jogger with a small dog going the other way - so had to finish on a "high" or "faster"!

Enjoyed the jog anyway. Could do all that again. I had been listening to an old episode of Marathontalk on the way round and I really hadn't noticed the time passing. The 5kms was u before I realised it!

So, then I was back home and stretching in my studio. Chilli, the cat, came and stretched with me - in a little patch of sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment