Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Run 79 - A 'build up' run

Today the plan told me I was starting to do some 'build up' runs and getting faster over the next few weeks.

I ran 8km around the village (backwards - I know what I mean. OK, anti-clockwise!) starting off with a slow jog to warm up and building up to, really, quite fast for the last 2.5km. The run started off being quite hard and I felt quite 'heavy' and slow even though the wind was behind me. It was very warm, overcast and humid. However, the second half, with the wind in front of me, wasn't too strong to affect my running and was quite cooling. I ran much better the second half.

I intend doing this run again in a couple of days, so I shall have to compare them!




No comments:

Post a Comment