Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 1 January 2012

Run 102: Happy New Year

Well, I made it to 2012! Hardly knew about midnight 'cos I fell asleep! Sad, I know. But Happy New Year everyone!

Can't believe I am supposed to be running a marathon in April! And, also can't believe, how early I got up this morning to go for a run!

Up at 5.45am, totally surprising the animals, and put the kettle on for some tea, and made brekkie. Animals got chucked outside.

Out by 6.30am and ran a few kays up the Bbos Road, then came back and ran around the village. Total of 12km in all, approximately 1hr 25 mins, which is fine as I tried to slow it down a bit and get 'comfortable' as the plan said!

Hardly anyone around, just one lone cyclist, who shouted 'Hi' and waved as he went past. Obviously, the sensible people are still in bed this New Year's Day morning.

It was bright and sunny, but breezy when I went out, and not too hot, but an hour later and it was really warming up. Now, at 9.30am it is clouding over and the winds have got up. I'm glad I went out earlier.

Hope future runs will go as well as this one!

1 comment:

  1. HAppy New Year to you and yours. That really is early to be up for a run today :-) I made it out the door about midday and I didn't even have a hangover!

    ReplyDelete