Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 8 January 2012

Run 106 - Very windy and very hot!

Steve and I were busy with a full house of guests this morning so I knew I wasn't going to be able to get out for my 18km run until they had all left. We had asked Ronnelle to come in to help and do the rooms for us as all three needed doing. That was good because once everyone had gone Steve could come out with me whilst I did my run.

The weather has been very, very windy today, and it was a very hot run too (high 20s) so I knew it wouldn't be a very fast one! Definitely shorts weather now!

The first half was hard because of the headwind and it really knocked it out of me going up the second part of the hill. It was great to get to the top and just over the other side! Then, I struggled for the last few kms on the way back because it was so hot, although the wind was behind me by then.

Experimented with an energy gel before I went out for the run too. I had never used one before but I squelched it out of the sachet and it was like eating a melted jelly baby! Peach flavoured! And I drank water with it (like it said on the packet!)

Whilst typing this up, Steve came back with an icecream for me - a chocolate magnum - yummy. I think I deserve it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment