Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Run 104: I actually overtook some joggers!

First of all, thank you to Taz for becoming a follower. I hope I don't let you down!

Next, I struggled to get out of bed this morning. I was s-s-o-o-o tired. Still, I did manage to crawl out at about 6.15am and got ready for my run. I did wonder how I would get round today, especially as it was an 8km run planned. But out I went hoping it wasn't too windy.

There was a headwind for the first half of the run but it didn't slow me down too much (she says!) but it was quite warm even though it was still a bit overcast. I did my normal 8km route around PB and decided I would run it as I ran the 8km last Tuesday. The plan told me to run at a faster 'uncomfortable' pace so, as I warmed up, I tried to run a bit faster. It always gets me when I go that way around PB - up Central towards the end it is a slow incline for about 200m before turning left and going down in stages, and the wind was in my face at that point - but I kept going, I didn't stop running. Well, anyway, I didn't walk up it even though my legs were burning.

It was a bit more comfortable as I got round Rotunda and on the way back I increased my pace a bit more. I felt I was going faster but wasn't sure at the time what my pace was as I had set my Garmin wrong!

As I ran around Charlie, I saw a couple of joggers in the distance (holidaymakers not gone home yet) and I couldn't believe it but I was actually gaining on them. They were definitely 'proper' joggers (they had all the gear!). A few minutes and I was still gaining on them. Look everyone, I'm going to pass them! Oh, there's no-one else looking. Come on, someone, look, I'm overtaking them. Say 'Hi' as you go past, and smile (nicely). Where's Steve? Why isn't he watching out of the window? He would be able to see me from the house!

So it ended up being a good run with an average overall (including warm up) pace per kilometre of 6:34. 8kms in 52:39 mins.

I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment