Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 22 January 2012

Run 113 - Long Run of 20km

4th run of the week, long run of 20kms. Went out early to avoid as much of the heat as possible (how I envy you running in the UK at the moment!) Quite windy, but didn't mind that as it helped keep me cooler. Steve came with me on his cycle. Nice for the company on that long, long road. Also excellent for carrying my running belt when I have finished all my drinks and carrying my hat when I've finished with it, and also for carrying anything else I want to discard! Thank you, darling, for putting up with me!

Practised with a couple of gels too! Well, all I can say is 'if it helps...'. Very limited in what I can get here. Might have to have a look around Cape Town next time I go. I'm sure they will have a bigger selection in a bigger town. No chance of getting the ones they will use in the London Marathon. Lucozade, I think. So will take my own with me. Must see if I can get some here that are also sold in the UK, then if mine gets lost in the baggage on the plane (thinking back now to when BA lost our bags) then I can buy more of the same in the UK.

Also took some sports drink with me. Energade. (Thinks) Can you get that in the UK???? Mmm, must work on that one. Maybe I can do without if I have enough gels.

The run wasn't too bad. Though why I always find it difficult in the last 3 kms I don't know. Doesn't matter how far I have run before that, or the terrain, it's always the last 3 kms. Maybe it's because it is more undulating. Or maybe I'm just tired!

Anyway, long run done for the week! Not particularly fast, but then it wasn't a race! 2hrs 29min.

That's ok. At least I'm still standing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment