Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 5 February 2012

Run 121: Horrible run!

What a horrible windy night! I spent half of it in the kitchen with a cup of tea and a book! Good job it wasn't cold as well. It was far too noisy to sleep. Gale force winds howling through the house. The animals thought it was great, though, having some extra company. Which didn't bode well for a run early the next morning! The wind was supposed to quieten down a bit early morning and become a very hot day so I needed to get out early! That wasn't going to happen! And the wind didn't quieten down either!

After eventually managing a few hours sleep between 3.30am and 6am (6am was when the sun woke me up!)and after Steve had brought me a drink and a bowl of cereal, for which I am very grateful, thank you, (which reminds me, I mustn't eat muesli so soon before going out for a run - it gives me indigestion!)I staggered out of bed and put on my running gear. It's gotta happen, so might as well get it over with! Not exactly the right frame of mind, but hey, at least I was going out...

Well, the only positive thing I can think of about the run is that at least it is another 12km done! I was tired, everything ached, the wind was howling around me, it was very hot, oh yes, and the muesli was giving me indigestion!

Did see a few interesting things out on my run though - a dead mole snake at the side of the road, some baboon poo on the B'bos Road and, of course, after seeing the baboon poo, the baboons that turned out to be black bin bags in the bushes at the side of the road!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed but thank goodness they were garbage bags .... I would have added to the poo!

    I though snow today was bad for running, you actually deal with way more than I have to. Well done.

    ReplyDelete