Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Run 123: First half hard, second half easier

I did a 12km run around the village this morning and up to the R43. I ran it back to front (the other way around!) so that I didn't have so far to run after I had run up to the R43. It was a hard run, especially the first half around the village. I couldn't seem to stay on pace, and the village is very up and down, and lots of gravel roads too, which certainly doesn't make it any easier.

The second half was better as it wasn't quite so undulating and on tarmac all the time so I could get a better pace going. I am finding that once I have warmed up properly and get up to pace, I can sustain that pace for a lot longer than I used to be able to. Perhaps I am improving a bit after all.

It wasn't a fast run over all, because the first half slowed me down a lot, but I know that the second half was significantly faster, and felt better too!

2 comments:

  1. You've inproved definitely ! Look back to your first post !! Different terrrains were always my bug bear...on a bike too ! and chuck in some undulations and a bit of heat .......You are doing REALLY well and still got loads of training time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I do tend to forget where I started (with the running, I mean!!) and, hopefully, it will all come together in April!)

    ReplyDelete