Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Thursday 22 March 2012

Run 144: 5km around Pearly Beach with Taz

I had to run approximately 10 - 12 kms today so I decided that if I did the first half by myself, Taz could come along for the second half and I would come back and pick her up. So, off I went at about 8am this morning.

It wasn't until I got out there that I realised it was a lot warmer than I had thought it was. Also, these late nights and wine are catching up with me! No, perhaps I won't do a fast 5km this morning. I'll save that for next week!

In the end, after a warm up, I ran intervals of approximately 1 minute with 1 minute recovery most of the way around. It was actually quite refreshing to do something spontaneous and not worry about keeping to a particular pace.

I ran back home where, amazingly, Taz was already waiting for me. Sorry, Taz, I thought you might still be in bed! I do apologise!!

We did my usual 5km around the village at a comfortable pace (we were able to chat on the way round). It was a lovely run, and it set both of us up for the day.

Thanks for the company, Taz.

1 comment: