Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Run 147: Another 5km around the village and got my marathon number

It's definitely getting harder now - to drag myself out of the door! I have to admit that I shall be glad when I have done my last long run (at the weekend) and start tapering. I have decided to drop my second 'easy' run of 5km each week and concentrate on the other 3 runs. After all, I don't think missing 15 - 20kms over the next few weeks will make a HUGE difference to my fitness now!

It was a nice run though, in warm sunshine and little wind, so it did have its good points.

I also received my VLM number yesterday evening - 57945. Now, that makes it all seem very much more real! I am also picking up my travel stuff and other VLM bits and pieces from Cape Town next week.

Quite a few people have now sponsored me, and I am so grateful for that. It is for such a good cause, and I know that remembering that I have had so many sponsors will help me get through the marathon.

Next run - try out marathon outfit! Eek!




No comments:

Post a Comment