Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Friday 16 September 2011

Run 48 - Bright and Early with Whales, Dolphins and baby Francolins!

I decided I was going to run early(ish) today as it was likely to get very windy later. Well, it was quite windy enough this morning with a strong head wind during the second half! I ran a similar route to last time with 1min walk/3min jog alternately and it felt good. I'm glad that my body bits are all more or less as they should be again! It was very windy, but it was bright and sunny too, and I could hear the whales in the bay. There don't seem to be so many as in previous years but at least there are some to listen to.

Steve had decided to take the dogs out for a run along the beach while I was out and I got back about the same time as he called me on the phone (luckily for him lol) to tell me where the key was so that I could get back in the house! He had discovered a dead dolphin washed up on the beach, probably an elderly one and not one that had been injured in some way, so that is going off to the Dyer Island conservation people.

Meanwhile, I had been dealing with Chilli! She had brought the most tiny, francolin chick into the house and was chasing it around the bedroom! I managed to rescue it from her and it didn't seem to be harmed, other than probably terrified, and then wondered where Chilli had taken it from! Anyway, as I went down to the front of the house and down the drive, there was a francolin parent calling, so thought that maybe it belonged with that one, so I put it down on the ground, and the francolin parent waddled up to the chick, and they seemed to belong together. Later, I saw a whole family of francolins just over the road and I like to think that one of the little ones is the one I rescued from Chilli!

No comments:

Post a Comment