Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Monday 17 October 2011

Run 64 - On the treadmill!



What a windy day! It is s-s-o-o-o windy today! Dust is being blown up from the gravel roads, so I absolutely refused to go out and run in that! I would end up choking and spluttering from all the dust I would swallow (as happened to me once in a relay race in Cyprus - but that is another story!)

So, out came the treadmill. I found it quite hard to run on at first, as I haven't been on it at all for a long time and for the first part of the run I found myself 'hanging on'. I had a recovery run to do, 20 minutes long, which was actually lovely to do and ended up being a nice, easy, comfortable jog! I started off with a warm up walk, and finished with a cool down walk. Then, 10 minutes of stretching! Yay, another few kms done! :)

As I type this, I must add that Chilli, our 8 month old cat, is sitting in front of Steve's computer watching the birds. She spends
literally hours in front of the screen, trying to catch the birds. Steve has a birds screensaver going round and round, and she LOVES it! She will even wait patiently on her cushion (pretending to be asleep), until the screensaver kicks in, before stalking the birds! He might have to change it soon before she destroys the monitor!

No comments:

Post a Comment