Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017

Toontjie 4km - 14 October 2017
Alfie's first medal

Sunday 2 October 2011

Run 56 - Very windy

I had been looking forward to my run today and felt very enthusiastic about it yesterday. However, I woke up during the night to rain, strong wind and no electricity (not that no electricity is unusual in Pearly Beach!) and began to wonder whether I did actually want to go out for a run after all.

When I got up this morning, it had stopped raining and was just very overcast and very windy, and thought I may as well go. After all, it would get me out of having to help do the guests' breakfasts this morning, ha ha! (Yesterday, I let Steve have a day off and he went on a bird trip at Stanford. I had to do all the breakfasts myself! Yes, all two of them! AND he forgot to get the bacon out of the freezer! So...)

I was supposed to run for 40 minutes this time, with walking breaks, so I did a warm-up and cool-down either side of a jog of 10 minutes and 1 minute walking, until I had completed the 40 minutes. It went quite well, and I covered a greater distance than I had thought I would, so pleased about that. Also pleased about the fact that Steve was just finishing the washing up after the guests! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment